Wednesday 26 August 2009

Nice doing business with you





"Materialistic
"











"Cut-it-out"



Close to graduating, its time to start thinking about my own identity and style. In a competitive field such as graphic design, it's important to show differentiation and to stand out. A business card can be a representation of those things. More importantly, it gives a first impression of your style and who you are as a designer.
These are some of the business cards that i loved. Each one is unique, and highly relevant to it's field in terms of idea, material, layout, typography... The ideas never end. It's amazing how you can do so much with a small piece of paper.
Looking at many different business cards got me thinking of my own style, how much I've developed of it over the past 2 years, and where I'd like to take it over the next term. Each of the cards is an inspiration towards a different style that i would like to experiment with and apply in my major project.
I think if i had to choose one of the cards that is most likely to be mine, it would be the first. Just type on blank lined paper.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! There really are some wacky business cards out there!!
    Where did you find them all?

    I lvoe the monkey nuts one - but there's a huge danger of it being devoured by a money....or even a hungry business man in a dull meeting...

    The lego and matches designs are also very fun! But the lego one has the slight anomalie that it wont fit in your wallet/ purse.

    The comb deisgn represents its owner well - as it's symbolic of their occupation!

    Great blog though!! Fantastic inspiration!!
    These designs are the sort that make you think - 'Why didn't I think fo that!' and reminds me of my CV last year - which came out of a bean can!

    ReplyDelete